Decks And Renovations
5th Star prides itself on building quality decks, pergolas and renovations in Brisbane, Logan and the Gold Coast.
We have a Certified BSA construction team that thrives on building quality decks, pergolas and renovations.
Before planning to have a deck, pergola or renovation done, there are many important things to consider:
- Budget & material costs
- Engineering & Construction methods
- Choosing a BSA Building Certifier
- Council application and approvals
- Construction materials
- Finding and choosing the right Building Company to undertake and manage your project from start to finish.
5th Star can help make these decisions easy.
With the extensive knowledge of our experienced, licenced and accredited team, you’ll need to look no further. 5th Star is your one stop shop!
If you are considering any of these and don’t have a designer or need ideas for the next step, contact 5th Star by phone or email via our Contact Us link.
5th Star can help point you in the right direction and supply names of recommended designers and engineers we have worked with in the past.
Our ongoing partnerships with great design companies and architects means we are always up to date with the latest materials and construction techniques.
5th Star are also happy to give any practical advice (pros and cons) on materials and design practices.
Material options consist of:
- Timbers – hardwood vs treated pine
- Balustrading – glass Balustrading vs. timber Balustrading vs. stainless steel Balustrading
- Roofing materials – metal roofing vs tiled roofing vs insulated sandwich panel roofing
- Decking fasteners – hand nailing vs nail gun nailing vs screws
- Framing material – timber vs treated timber vs steel
- General construction materials – timber vs steel e.g. post or bearers
- Wall material – timber vs. masonary
- Timber longevity treatments – paints and oils
- Lighting options
Design is the first important critical step for any deck or renovation.
Firstly, the design has to tick all the “needs” boxes but also it is important that it looks great and blends with the original house design.
Check out the photos of our recent deck/patio installations and renovations.
“A good renovation should always look like it was meant to be there and not a add on!”
Although we have many requests, our wide and extensive building expertise is in quality decks, pergolas and renovations.
Sorry, We don’t build new houses!